4WD VSV from 4Runner fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A few months ago, while I was goofing around and figuring out how to convert my Fj62 to 2WD low, I discovered that the transfer case was not engaging when the 4WD button was pushed. It almost engaged--I could feel the splines rubbing as I turned the front drive shaft (hubs un-locked), but it just wouldn't engage all the way. Taking care of one thing at a time, I finally got around to doing something about it. I inherited VSVs from a 1993 4Runner and installed them in my FJ62 per this posting:

IH8MUD.com - View Single Post - FJ-62 T-case actuator solenoids

Works perfect now. Push the button, lock up the front drive shaft. And the above posting was the first and only posting by Mohavemax. Thank you sir! And never think that you don't have something to contribute, even if it is your first post. All I had to do was swap the 2 VSVs from the 4Runner bracket to the FJ62 bracket and hook it all up--no filing or drilling. Even the electrical connectors were a perfect fit and matched the blue/brown color coding. I don't know if the 4Runner VSVs are still available new, but if you drive an FJ62 you might want to scrounge a pair on your next trip to the Pick-N-Pull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom