Where can I get this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like they arent in stock!

Turbo (Diesel) bummer.

TB

Try G&S? Or see if Crushers has any from his 61s?
Just a thought.

The '85ish 4runners had almost the same thing. It might be adaptable to a 60.

60wag said:
The '85ish 4runners had almost the same thing. It might be adaptable to a 60.

This is a dash mounted type from a 4runner or Tercel on Ebay US

bf_1_b.JPG

It's probably supposed to be plug and play, but on my 5/1985 FJ-60, I didn't seem to have the socket on the wiring harness. The inclinometer came with a four terminal plug: one always hot lead from the battery (to keep the clock time), one swtiched lead (to display the clock time), one lead for the instrument light and one ground. This is the message I got from SOR Tech:

"There are green wires for dash lighting, and black wire for ground. The blue and red are for the clock. One of these is for the clock memory the other is to show the clock read-out and is generally switched with the ignition. You can not really damage the unit hooking it up wrong."

For the battery, switched and ground leads, I spliced into wires going to my non-stock radio wiring. The PO had cut the OEM radio leads and had pulled in sources from other places anyway. I pulled the insturment light feed from one my ARB locker switches, since I had already cut into the OEM harness for that. Recently I've been trying to limit the number of mods (cuts and splices) I make to the OEM harness.

The instrument light in the inclinometer doesn't dim with the rheostat. To do this you would need two separate wires, one for the 12v feed from the running light switch and one "ground" back to the rheostat. The inclinometer only comes with one light feed and one common ground. But I think the inclinometer is far enough away from the driver that it doesn't really matter. The clock light is brighter when the instrument lights are OFF and dims when the lights are turned on. I guess the thinking is that at night, the clock light doesn't need to be as bright to read. That's cool.

save your pennies and don't even bother with these factory units.....

had one on my '84 4-Runner from the factory. it was (as stated on the face of the gauge) only accurate when completely stopped. i don't know about you, but i'm not going to stop during the middle of a climb/descent/traverse/etc. just to find out "where" the truck is, especially if it's close to the point of going over. the damn thing would bobble like crazy if you left it unlocked during travel, so reading it on the fly was a moot point anyway.

it was however, a great conversation piece with curious passengers and only really helpful if you were being completely anal about leveling the truck for the evening's campout. the unit that shipped with the 4Runner also had an integrated altimeter which proved to be the one feature that was truly useful, especially in the Rockies. other than that, it just took up dash space.

the stick on Level-O-Gauge work just fine and are ¢ by comparison,

my 2¢, take it for what it is,
-dogboy- '87 FJ60

Hey... bringing this guy back to life. Was wondering if anyone knows how to get a clock connector (i.e. the connector that would be coming off the clock and would plug into the harness). I'd like to use one to wire up my radio so I don't need to cut n splice.

I believe it would be a four terminal connector

Thanks!

Tim

Try calling SOR as they have lots of things hanging around that are gently used parts. That or go to your local Pick N Pull or salvage yard that has 60s in it and see if you can find one.

There are several good threads on this.
Inclinometer Wiring in a 60

I installed mine w/o splicing the harness by taping into 3 existing/unused connectors behind the dash. Took a little time to locate the matching connectors and make up the pigtails, but very doable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom