My HJ60, TDIC on 35's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TLC Norway

woodwelder
Threads
HJ60, TDIC on 35's and the mod' mood is on!

Hi, first i just wanna say I've been watching this forum for years, sufring mostly the 60 series for ideas, inspiration and knowledge.
That's actually one of the many reasons why i now own a HJ60.:cheers:

Now i just want to present my car here, for a few new eyes and some feedback.
First, the pix! yeah, i know you all love pix!:clap:

This is how she sounds when she's happy!

57_-21892640.jpg

57_-473961846__1_.jpg

57_697951693.jpg

dscf6259__800x600_.jpg

Together with my previously owned 4runner
dscf6312__800x600_.jpg

On the 33"MTR's from the runner
25012009629.jpg

svart_60.jpg

Just raised the center console 8", and put in a 24v-->12v converter in a drawer.
There is also a 2DIN Eclipse unit in there with a TomTom gps.
30032009701_2.jpg

Just needs a little touch-up, paint or something.
31032009713.jpg

02042009720.jpg

02042009721.jpg

Last edited:
Velkommen

Nice cruiser.

Hehe, Takk!
Er vel kanskje noen norsker hær?

When that's said, i can do som info.
T5 Volvo turbo
Iveco Intercooler.
3" exo
OME 2,5" lift
Powertrax locker in ta back.
Original PTO winch, just some mods to the front ends.
Hella Luminator xenon, rocks!
Defa warmup/central locking.
35x12,5x17" Procomp AT, soon to be 37 MTR's.

Last edited:
Where do you like to take your cruiser in Northern Norway?

Ethvert bilde av nordlyset? :)

well, there are not many places to go, everything is illegal, so you gotta bend the rules pretty much.
Drivin in the snow, fields, tractor roads, to my cabin, and wheeling around with my friends on roadtrips and so on.
Right now the northern light is pretty nice, when it's cold. have a regular place high up in the mountain to watch the northern light, with no artificial lights around.

Great looking Cruiser man....and a diesel....I think I speak of most US 60 series owners....jealous of the diesel....very very jealous.
:beer:
-Carl

Ja velkommen. Jeg tjente misjon i Norge for tredve aar siden, saa har nesten glemt alt, men jeg skal forevig elske landet dit!

I see by reading your link that you named your Cruiser after your Grandfather. Must be a story behind that. Great looking Cruiser.

Last edited:
Great looking Cruiser man....and a diesel....I think I speak of most US 60 series owners....jealous of the diesel....very very jealous.
:beer:
-Carl

Thanks!
Hehe, not many FJ's over here, just diesels!
and damn, i'm jealous of your areas for cruisin'!

Ja velkommen. Jeg tjente misjon i Norge for tredve aar siden, saa har nesten glemt alt, men jeg skal forevig elske landet dit!
Så nå får du litt trening i norsken, bra!
Har lenge siklet på å joine forumet, så nå er jeg i gang!

Does anyone know where to get those transparent IH8MUD stickers?
Its a while since i saw them, maybe i'm wrong.
But someone should be the first one in Norway to show off those stickers!

It's a clean car, but some stickers would be great, right?

Nice looking rig - helps when you have awesome places to drive it too!!

Just wondering how you like the Hella Predator spotlights? I've got a bunch of Hella Ralleye 4000's on mine and was thinking of doing the HID upgrade to them or buying a set of Predators (not cheap).

I LOVE theese Hellas. Here they are called Hella luminators, but maybe Hella Predator over there.
It's not a pencil beam, more like a wide horizontal pattern, with very little vertical spread.
Perfect for rain and snow. Must be THE most comfy lights i've driven with, and i have tested a few. these are with 55w xenon ballasts.
They cost 13-1400 dollars over here, and that's alot to put in the front...
I don't know the price over there, but if i were u, i would consider converting yours with a HID setup.

Pål

Was just road-cruising in the Easter Holiday, but the norwegian landscape can take my attention off the road sometimes...:cool:

DSCF0613.JPG

Was just standing there talking with a fisherman via the CB...

Some of "Lyngen alps" seen from the north.
on the road - 3635x2025.jpg

Last edited:
awsome pictures. Those make me miss alaska. That looks like a nice red 45 long bed.

You can order the stickers from Woody who runs the board.

Very nice truck and great pics!

update...

Maybe it's time for a little update, pix first::cheers:

(edit; cant link to the panoramic shots at picasa, so they are at last)

orginal.jpg

A little flex-test...it's ok...

483.JPG

Another one... the back wheel fits perfect into the wheel well, vith a few cm space.

Been looking at a few options for summer-projects. Hoping to get most of them done.
This is some of them:

Now i got a set of 37 mtr's, custom made swi beadlocks, and as soon as i get a set of 15"steel rims i'm going to weld them on, i paint the rim black, and keep the SWI beadlocks as they are, not to create a big black hole in the wheel area, and of course to show these badass beadlocks off! (pic borrowed from the guy who made them)
spider87039Medium.jpg

To get the wheels on without spoa, i need to get a 2" bodylift. (you know where to get them?:clap:) Maybe i'll have to make the BL spacers myself, it's a few different diameters on the chassiemounts.
More of that later, as soon as i got all the parts.

Another summer project, is to handle the chassie rust, modify and mount my 61 fender flares and warn mudflaps.
As it seems to me to be a difficult task to get the paintwork to match the old colour (previous owner painted it dark dark dark green, almost black, not too good paintjob:eek:) i'm thinking of adding a new colour. Here are some suggestions, of what i could mash up in photoshop:

The closest i could get to Olive Green 653:
olive653.jpg

Nebula Green 262: (almost)
nebula-262.jpg

GreyISH:
grey.jpg

All the details, (as in rim, fenders,, bumpers, sliders, fender flares etc.) will be black...:hillbilly:
The priming will first be a set up of an old orange toxic lead mix to stop the rust, a full coat of 2comp epoxy, then some heavy duty paint.

Now i just need some help to figure aut wich colour i shoud dress my baby in... I like a lot of the old originals, 464 is awsome, but maybe to descrete... hmm... HELP!:bang:

Right now i'm just waiting for rebuilt injector nozzles to get it running nice again... I HATE sloppin around in my girlfriends seat ibiza...
Okay, that's it for now... if i write up more of my plans, this would take forever...
Pål
panorama vakve1.jpg
sommeroya.jpg

Last edited:
TLC Norway,

That first photoshop green looks really good, I vote for that one! Is that a color from photoshop or from some other source?

Very creative idea to raise the center console, I may do that modification as well!

What tire pressures do you use for wheeling in snow? I can't imagine that bead locks are necessary for snow, you must have some terra firma for summer?

Rick

Great pics! Norway looks beautiful.

Takk! Well, it is beautiful, just need to get out there, not that nice in the sub...

TLC Norway,

That first photoshop green looks really good, I vote for that one! Is that a color from photoshop or from some other source?

Very creative idea to raise the center console, I may do that modification as well!

What tire pressures do you use for wheeling in snow? I can't imagine that bead locks are necessary for snow, you must have some terra firma for summer?

Rick

First, eeeh...what is terra firma?:confused:

I run down on 4-7psi on snow on these 35x12,5x17, but when i run 37 on 15" rims, i can probably go down to 1,5-2 psi if the snow allows it. Then the beadlock comes in handy.
The 37MTR's will also be an all year tire, as i have ice studs to screw in and out as the winter's on it's worst.
Therefore the beadlocks will come in handy all year long.:clap: going thrugh mud, snow, rocks and trails.

The studs are from Best-grip.com - chiodi artiglianti multiuso (i use the 1200's) and look like this:
chiodo1400.gif

The center console is my version of a tuffy, and also proveides space for the 12v converter, nice placement of the CB, and under the lid there's going to be a 6switch setup for rarely used stuff. The console also gives nice support for the elbow. 4in1 for a few hours spent.

that first green olive colour is supposed to look like the original 653 toyota used in the 80's, think it's this one:
toyota_landcruiser_fj60_653_01_oliven.jpg

And, YES, it looks really good on such a big car! leaning towards the darker colours, but also love the dune 464...

Kewl Rig Dude Sweet pix too

To fit the 37"s.... skip the body lift and spring the rig over (soa)

Thanx!
The thing is, soa is deadly illegal over here... you get shot for it...
and i got a ome setup on it allready... wanna keep it as "low as possible" for now.

Excellent truck!

Got any details about raising the center console? I may copy you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom