Just took the plunge, OME 4" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My mind is made up & I just ordered the OME FJ60 4" deluxe kit with shackle reversal:D. I can't wait to get it here & get started. Anyone else have this kit? Looks pretty awesome.

60 lift

I am at the same road. I want the 4 inch lift but am still stuck thanking about the spring over. Where did you get your kit from? I was looking at the old man emu from man-a-fre.. let me know how it works out for you:cheers:

Also interested in your choice of purchase place...

I'm leaning towards Cruiser Solutions - they are closer to me and cheaper than Cruiser Outfitters (though I have heard good stuff about Cruiser outfitters)

So... where did ya get it? ?

I ordered mine from Man-a-fre. They had the best price I found. I won't be hardcore wheelin the 60, but will be wheelin it hard (that really does make sense). I'll keep the post updated as I get the kit & get it put together.

"A" spring on the left rear...got it. BTW even with todays fuel costs, shipping half way across America was only 200.00. Not bad. IMHO.

My kit arrived today. Very nice...got the front almost done. Any reason to add gussetts to the shackle reversal brackets? It shows them in a picture & states they come with the kit, but they don't. Man-a-fre states not needed & not included. Anyone?

Got some gussets coming from Man-a-fre. Gonna beef it up so I don't have any frame problems. Man-a-fre customer service is awesome. Pics to come in very near future.

Man-a-fre is sending me some gussets. Gonna beef it up, so no worries. Their customer service is awesome. Pics to follow soon.

I had a shackle reversal kit on my FJ40 before the spring over and adding gussets and the like is a good idea. You'll hit the spring mounts frequently if you do a lot of off-roading as they are champion rock finders. I thought it rode and drove well with the SR and had no problems other than hitting stuff with the mounts. I assume you are welding on the mounts? I would not just bolt them on and call it good.

What size tires are you going to run? I was thinking about 32" tires once I have the lift kit. I have seen 33" and they look like they may rub a bit. Any input?

33's don't rub

i have OME 2.5 and no rubbing

OME1.jpg

come on cruiserdrew, what you fail to point out is that the front hanger sits exactly as low as the stock shackle but doesn't invert when you drag it over a rock. More springs get destroyed from inverted shackles than anyone could count

I had a shackle reversal kit on my FJ40 before the spring over and adding gussets and the like is a good idea. You'll hit the spring mounts frequently if you do a lot of off-roading as they are champion rock finders. I thought it rode and drove well with the SR and had no problems other than hitting stuff with the mounts. I assume you are welding on the mounts? I would not just bolt them on and call it good.

come on cruiserdrew, what you fail to point out is that the front hanger sits exactly as low as the stock shackle but doesn't invert when you drag it over a rock. More springs get destroyed from inverted shackles than anyone could count

Probably true, and I had the LCAH set that stuck way out. I've hit every rock on the Rubicon with those, twice. MAFs new design looks very nice, with ramps to mitigate the rock finding problem. You probably know something about that!:D

Believe me, I like your stuff. I have front bumper, rear bumper, shackles and some other stuff on my FJ40, but I don't like the SR kits. I just don't think they are needed. If you want a SR, a custom SR with tucked up mounts and frenched shackle hangers is a better option in my opinion, based on my limited experience of 1 FJ40.

I can say this, though. I have seen the MAF shackle reversal kit used in a spring over FJ60 application and it works awesome, but that truck is HUGE. Too big for most tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom