Things I learned (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I figured I'd post up a few things I did to this motor. SInce it is out of an 86 fj60 I figured someof you who do not frequent the 40 section would like to see the mods.

RV cam came from these guys via MAF. http://www.elgincams.com/campaper.html

DSC08081.JPG

I have only driven the vehicle once but I can tell you it makes a pretty good difference.

I drilled and tapped the oil cooler bolts for a mini gage and a dummy light. Gauge came from Northern Tool ($12). Dummy gauge came from SUmmit ($18). Dummy light comes on when oil pressure gets below 20psi.

DSC00479.JPG

DSC00480.JPG

Vacuum gage was tapped into the PCV/ EGR. Northern Tool $5

DSC00478.JPG

Temp gauge was from Marshall. Got it directly from them. Cost was about 30-40 dollars. It was the smallest one I could find. By far the best gage I bought. I did have to tap new threads. I think they were 3/8 Npt. No drilling was needed. Note location has changed over to the hole on the right as I was having belt issues.

DSC00407.JPG

I went around and around about headers. I didn't want to pay $500 for a set of nice ones at the time. So I had a set of manifolds off a 3fe and had them ceramic coated for $100.

DSC00564.JPG

DSC00949.JPG

Saginaw PS pump. This is really nothing new. Got the bracket from IPOR had to modify it so it would fit on the middle water pump groove.

DSC00967.JPG

DSC00784.JPG

DSC00790.JPG

CS 130 1 wire alt.

Had to grind down the stock bracket and add one washer. No brainer. If your looking for simple and a way to take your stock harness out of the loop this is it. I got this 180amp alt made for me at a local alternator shop for 140 dollars.

DSC00634.JPG

IMG_2780x.jpg

it sure is purdy.

First time I have seen your gay build. Looks, well...gay. Goodluck

Looks like a prop from the original Star Trek.

2F on acid

That is a wild looking beast.

Dynosoar:zilla:

Did the headers bolt right on with the 2F intake?

There was a little trimming of the intake but nothing you can see. Just two corners. Headers bolt up. Gasket is another story. I had to use a 2f gasket and drill two extra holes. 85-87 heads have all the holes. 84-down don't but they will still bolt up. Also I did have to machine the manifold bolt areas so I wouldn't have to use cut washers. They are really nice though. Never have to worry about them warping. Ever!

Looks like a friggin' Christmas Tree!

Bet it runs good, though.

Who said being color blind is a bad thing...I'm not, but now I wish I was......kidding!:p

Instead of the Big Gay 2F build, you should call it "The Electric Koolaid 2F Test" Also, why no florescent colors since this seems to be about "going overboard?"

cheers.

What's the difference? :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom