New Source for H55 Transmissions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My mechanic was looking to do the H55 swap on his 1987 FJ60, so I referred him to Toyota of El Cajon. However, when he contacted Chris, he was told that their source had dried up. :crybaby:

Is anyone aware of another reasonably priced source for H55s? (Yes, SOR and Man-a-Fre do have H55s, but they are fairly steep.) Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

cruiser dan at American Toyota - can be found in the vendors section

I second cruiserparts.net- just got mine from them 2wks ago. best price around and it come complete with oiler and bushing for using 4sp shifter. Get the gasket kit for your transfer case.

Get this stuff from Cruiserdan. You'll get great service, no nonsense, and all the additional parts you need. AND you'll get it at a good price as well.

Cruiserdan delivered mine to me in person at Cruise Moab. Not sayin' he'll do that for you, but just sayin'...

...bushing for using 4sp shifter...

I don't have one but reviews say that setup doesn't last very long and you need the 5sp shifter. Don't know if you have looked into it, but there are some threads on here that discuss using the 4sp vs. 5sp shifter.

Cruiserparts is the cheapest I have found. I don't know what CruiserDan's discount would be, though.

cruiserparts is where i got mine, cheapest by far. period.

total cost?

pardon the hi-jack,but how much did it cost you guys from cruiserdan?hi-jack finish,another member here has a rebuildable unit he's trying to sell me but i'm not sure how much to offer him yet.i hope he still has it. john:D

I don't have one but reviews say that setup doesn't last very long and you need the 5sp shifter. Don't know if you have looked into it, but there are some threads on here that discuss using the 4sp vs. 5sp shifter.

Cruiserparts is the cheapest I have found. I don't know what CruiserDan's discount would be, though.

You sent me on a search for shifter issues. I am getting a shifter tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

Get this stuff from Cruiserdan. You'll get great service, no nonsense, and all the additional parts you need. AND you'll get it at a good price as well.

Cruiserdan is your man. Give him a call.:cheers:

You're in Los Angeles ?

Call Mark Algazy at Marksoffroad.net -- Call in the afternoon. CALL , don't email or PM - (818) 953-9230 He's in Burbank !! So you can pick up. He'll tell ya exactly what needs to be done with the swap, too.

He's also 65swb45 on this board, but don't PM him. CALL ...

S.

They have been on back order to Japan......

got one last week that took 43 days to arrive....

situation may have loosened up by now tho.......

5 speed

Did CruiserDan decided to start shipping them again?

Last I remember hearing is that he would not ship them, local pick up or mudship only. They are heavey and the boxes take a beating.

You have to arrange your own shipping.. THey have a shippping dock or forklift that can load the transmission. WHen I bought mine I went with Dan and used R+L Carriers. Apparently Dan does not screw with the shipping but you can arrange for the carrier of your choice to pickup from his location.

Stay clear of cruiserparts as far as I am concerned but Dan is the man. Also the 4 speed conversion is much cheaper and a easy install.

Thanks for the clarification. :cheers:

I read it somewhere but I could not find the thread.

You have to arrange your own shipping.. THey have a shippping dock or forklift that can load the transmission. WHen I bought mine I went with Dan and used R+L Carriers. Apparently Dan does not screw with the shipping but you can arrange for the carrier of your choice to pickup from his location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom