New Heart Same Soul (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rover67

SILVER Star
Threads
OK, like many others I decided to do the Vortec v-8 Swap... I thought about it for a while and was set on a 1HZ but th eavaiability was just not there.

Right now I am busy getting all the bit stogether so I can get the project started. Thanks to many for answering all of my questions, I appreciate it!

I have gotten the engine (2004 5.3 Vortec with ~ 30k miles), with the wiring harness and computer already done by fuel injection specialties, bought a brand new h55f from cruiserparts, bunch of odds and ends from cdan, clutch and headers from Advance Adapters, Marks adapter (that fits the gen III lock) and still have more random bits to go.

Leading up to this I have done the OME suspension kit (heavy heavy), rebuilt the rear axle with new brakes and bearings, and still need to do the front axle and brakes. Hopefully I can knock that out soon before starting the swap.

Anyways, I am getting excited and just wanted to share the joy. I'll try to make a little thread out of it if you guys are interested..

Got some engine and wiring pics below... if i can figure out how to include them..

later,
Marco

View attachment 159084

Picture1.jpg

View attachment 159086
Picture1.jpg

Last edited:
they are rated at 300 or so HP and 330 lb-ft of torque with all the emmsions stuff and factory exhausts. Should move it pretty well :eek:)

vortec v8

i better stop drooling for now,that is a nice set-up you got there.good luck on the swap and keep us posted on the swap also pics if you can post them.btw how much did the harness and engine alone cost you,just need a general idea.thanks. john:)

Oh it'll move it along just fine!! FIS does awesome work don't they? Oh, and I too just ordered mere minutes ago a set of Dakar heavies for the rear since the front is now so much lighter!

Great project, what kind of dog is that?

they are rated at 300 or so HP and 330 lb-ft of torque with all the emmsions stuff and factory exhausts. Should move it pretty well :eek:)

Damn .. this cruiswer gonna be like a bullet ..

ok, had to take apart the rear brakes again to fix what was apparantly a warped drum. Got them machined, we'll see how it works.

I also went to autozone and got some 95 4 runner calipers, new pads, and new rotors to go on the front axle while I am taking it apart to put new seals and bearings in it. Hoping I can make this thing stop before doing the swap next week.

going to finish up the front tomorrow and take it for a test drive.. I am excited.

as far as swap stuff goes, all i have done is put the shifter on the tranny and placed the order with summit for the exhaust u bends, muffler, cats, and fuel line junkola.

Just wanted to share the progress and a few pics.
Mead (the great dane) didn't help too much today as always..
DSCN3382 (Small).JPG
DSCN3388 (Small).JPG
DSCN3389 (Small).JPG

more pics..:beer:
DSCN3390 (Medium).JPG
DSCN3391 (Small).JPG
DSCN3392 (Small).JPG

Spacers needed for 4runner calipers w stock wheels?

5.3 looks great. I'm curious to know if you had any clearance problems with your new brake calipers with the stock wheels. I have the 4runner S13WB calipers that I plan to install on my FJ62 and am wondering if I'll need spacers. Thanks,

sure, let ya know tomorrow..

shes right at 7 months and 105lbs. :)

And going to get much, much, bigger. I used to know some people who raised Great Danes, cool dogs.

And other cool stuff going on in this thread, will be watching.

looks like the new calipers fit just fine. All I had to do was trim up the dust sheild, and they sit right under the wheels with plenty of clearance. almost done with the new wheel/knuckle bearings and brakes, just got a little bit of the left side to finish up on tuesday whe i get back from yet another work trip (boo). Had to wave goodbye to it for a few days a minute ago.

mmmmmm. 4 runner caliper and fresh guts in the knuckle.
DSCN3394 (Medium).JPG

rover67,
Excellent thread and photos man!:cheers:
Please keep them coming.
Do those calipers bolt straight up?

Would you mind posting a list of parts and costs? I know there are quite a few here thinking about this same swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom