FJ40 search: CO, FJ40240391 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Morning everyone! I used to own the 1977 FJ40 listed above - traded it for an 89 BMW 325iX at the Co Springs BMW dealership in 1998. They used it to plow their lot for a number of years. I used to call them every 12-18 months to make sure my old rig was still there, but have since lost track.

So here's my question: anyone know where this old 40 sits today? I've bought and sold it twice, and looking for round 3 if there's anything left. Factory color was the mustard yellow, but another owner painted it desert khaki. I'd love to know where it is today. Google searches have been no help, so anything you have is truly appreciated. Thanks!! :cheers:

i'll try to remember to check my files at home. i have a pretty comprehensive vin list

I do not have the engine #, but will check again just in case. It was a "high Altitude" configuration, which is funny because I bought it in AK and moved to CO next. I do appreciate your help!!

My '77 is a 10/76 and is 233589. It'd be worth checking with CLC and Rising Sun folks to see if anybody knows...

sorry, do not have that one in my records:frown:

nuclearlemon said:
sorry, do not have that one in my records:frown:

Bummer! Thanks for looking though.

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

I live in the Springs since 1990 and don't recall seeing it in either color or at the BMW dealership. The Lincoln-Merc dealer had a rusty OEM-red FJ40 with a plow blade on it, and finally sold it because they were tired of people asking to buy it.

overpaid slacker said:
there is a mustard yellow 40 at the toyota dealership in Glenwood Springs. It looks like the snow plow vehicle for them.

Oooh! Will give them a call tomorrow. It's been a long time, but you never know. Thanks for the lead!

SteveH said:
I live in the Springs since 1990 and don't recall seeing it in either color or at the BMW dealership. The Lincoln-Merc dealer had a rusty OEM-red FJ40 with a plow blade on it, and finally sold it because they were tired of people asking to buy it.

Thanks Steve...I used to call them and check up on it, but maybe they were shining me on. Moral of the story: never do vehicle business while getting divorced (although the 325iX was pretty sweet...)

... and looking for round 3 if there's anything left. Factory color was the mustard yellow, but another owner painted it desert khaki. I'd love to know where it is today. Google searches have been no help, so anything you have is truly appreciated. Thanks!! :cheers:

What makes you think your extruck would want you back?

You know ... You sell her off and buy her back just to sell her off again... You know... Some trucks have feelings man

If you do find your ol'cruiser ... You should probably buy her a nice bling chrome bezel or maybe some nice shoes or something like that.
:D

JohnnyC said:
What makes you think your extruck would want you back?

You know ... You sell her off and buy her back just to sell her off again... You know... Some trucks have feelings man

If you do find your ol'cruiser ... You should probably buy her a nice bling chrome bezel or maybe some nice shoes or something like that.
:D

I know it. I'm a bad bad man...see above thread re:divorce. She's gotta come back because I still have her jack and owners manual. And she got me thru 2 Fairbanks AK winters, flawlessly. After market rear heater helped a bunch at 25 below. Sorry though - no chrome allowed!

I know what it is like to sell a 40 and always wonder what she is doing now. Since you have the vin number you might try buying a Carfax report. It should show title transfers and registration location. It would be a start anyway.

Good luck with your search.:cheers:

Looks like Carfax needs a 17 character VIN.

We've been talking about creating a registry so we can track our long last better halfs. :D
https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/619455-thoughts-starting-40-series-vin-registry.html

#?%¥!!!

there is a mustard yellow 40 at the toyota dealership in Glenwood Springs. It looks like the snow plow vehicle for them.

Thanks for the tip - they called me back and it was a '68. The search continues!:bounce2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom