Biggest turnoff with a used FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.springtailsolutions.com
What is your biggest turnoff with the purchase of an FJ40. The one thing that makes you say....NO Way!

Is it.....

350 conversion?
Diamond plate?
Rust?....if so, where?

For me...I hate the black bed liner in the passenger compartment. I think that the color tinted stuff is alright (even preferable). That black stuff looks cheap and looks to make the drivers area "HOT".

Doc

Rot and beat up panels. I'm no body man.

SOA is the main one for me, I do not want one lifted that much and that is the hardest to remove. Would prefer a F motor but a SBC would not be bad either if done right. Easy to remove diamond plate, and do not mind fixing rust as it brings a rig down into my price range. If I win the lottery they I would look for rust free.

Frame rot is the other show stopper, once again finding a new frame is just not worth it since a good frame likely would come with a better body anyways.

I could by-pass alot of things as long as it didn't look like this.
(Sorry Doc I couldn't resist)
Old Yota.jpg

Any updates on it? I haven't seen anything new for sometime.

Diamond plating and/or non-original paint. It could be hiding sooooo many hours of work! I turned the other way when I was searching

Biggest pet peeves for me, were cut body, and cut up dashes. If they cut the fenders and/or the dash up, then that was the thing I was most wanting to avoid. Anytime I saw a cruiser with a dash all cut up with non stock buttons, then I moved on. Luckily in So Cal I had a lot of options.

I say everyone gets to build what makes them happy. But, in general, poor craftmanship, as in hatchet jobs, is a "turn-off". In either stock restos or any conversion.

What is your biggest turnoff with the purchase of an FJ40. The one thing that makes you say....NO Way!

Is it.....

350 conversion?
Diamond plate?
Rust?....if so, where?

For me...I hate the black bed liner in the passenger compartment. I think that the color tinted stuff is alright (even preferable). That black stuff looks cheap and looks to make the drivers area "HOT".

Doc

for me it would be no hardtop

missing radio?!?

non working or non OEM radio :eek:
everything else can be fixed :rolleyes:
but
I can't drive without some good AM tunes!! ;p

1) SBC
2) Aluminum tubs
3) Diamond plate holding the rusty remnants together
4) Sellers who think its still worth $22k ten years after a crappy quick spray

Any updates on it? I haven't seen anything new for sometime.

All sorts of stuff going on...

Tomorrow....hopefully the front end will go on.

Soon will start fabricating the new seat mount....basically meshing Springtails new adjustable seat mounts with a Corbeau slider.

Fabricating more prototypes

Doc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom