ACC FZJ55 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What do you get when you mix a 74 FJ55 and a 97 LX450?

Im not exactly sure either but its going to be nice.

The plans is simple: install a 74 FJ55 tub onto a shortened 97 LX450 chassis. The truck will retain all of the 80 series drivetrain, factory Locking axles and most of the wiring harness and dash.

Oh and it will also have a TRD Supercharger installed.
IMG_1959-800.jpg
IMG_1274-800.jpg
IMG_1276-800.jpg

Last edited:
Next step was to install the newly rebuilt FZ engine and drivetrain. The 55 body was than moved to the 80 chassis and new body mounts were fabricated to secure everything.

IMG_2168-800.jpg
IMG_2896-800.jpg
IMG_2910-800.jpg

The drivetrain fits well enough but we did have to move it back in the frame a few inches to make room for a radiator and fan.

IMG_2927-800.jpg
IMG_3340-800.jpg
IMG_2934-800.jpg

Sweet Michael! Keep us posted.

SUBSCRIBED!!! I love these builds of early model cruisers swapped onto 80/450 frames. I have been watching the 60 series get finished up, very excite to see how this turns out.

PetesCoffee, any links or info on the TRD build?

ACC-How much of the frame did you have to remove? And did I see you say you were transplanting the dash as well?

This is so rediculously cool. :grinpimp:

I am jealous. Next time I'm in ATL can I stop by and ck it out?

Awesome, love 80 capabilities with looks of 55!!

Fun project! What's the plan for the interior? Original 55 stuff, or will you modernize it a bit?

Kool! Do post up lots of pix for this project. Hmmmm, I do have one of each...... John

The frame was shortened by 3.5" the interior is still up in the air.
All I have for you at this time is that it will not be stock by any stretch of the imagination.
Oh ya, the TRD supercharger will be here in the A.M.
When the customer and I figure out the interior Ill let you know.

Brian

Wow- I love it. Will the axles need to be narrowed? I'd insulate the heck out of it to cut down on road noise. Stick with the stock dash, but modernize the seating. Auto tranny-you bet. You guys are fortunate to have such a fun job that pays. Is the owner a MUD member? Lucky SOB. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom