Toyota TEQ repro mudflaps on an FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bough these off eBay. Has anyone managed to install them on a 40? I know they're meant for 45s, however they seemed to be a good idea if I can install them correctly. Anyone have mudflaps on their 40?

TIA
Mud flap.jpg

I know the early pick ups had similar and I've seen pictures of 40's with mudflaps. I think it would look pretty cool on a restoration. I had mudflaps on my work 4X4 and I trashed them pretty quickly, but that was a work truck.

mud flap mounting bracket

I made brackets for my flaps. A kind of a stretched U plus a strip on the back so the flap is mounted in between.

mud flap mounting bracket.JPG

Have fun,

Rudi
mud flap mounting bracket.JPG

I like the look of those ones you've found, Pistorman! Who was the flea-bay seller, and what was the price?

I made brackets for mine, one large peice of angle iron that bolts to the frame. With another peice about 1x1 that extends from there towards the quarter panel to hold the flap itself. There are holes on almost all the frames I believe towards the back that hold the rearmost exhaust bracket. The passenger side on my 73 was easy. On the driver side, the angle iron that bolts to the frame has a custom cuttout in it to go around the tail pipe hanger and bolts on with the same bolts. They have heldup very well. Mine look just like the mustrad 45 troopy above, line up with the rear of the wheel opening.

Only thing I would, still want to change is extend some aluminum sheeting or something upwards to stop the mud that comes over the top of the bracket and packs in the rear corners. I think a ridgid peice bolted on with the rubber flap would stop a great deal of mud that travels back towards the rear quarters and the dreaded rust pocket.

if I could get a pic as well that would be wonderful.... I have some brackets that I got with my mudflaps but I dont believe they will work..... Sweet pics though

I used the trailflap bracket (with a little length modification) and they are working great!

I also run mudflaps. If you wheel you either need shorty ones or removable one as they will get ripped off. Mine are removable just like in the jonnyc pic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom