Carb jets question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cbmontgo

SILVER Star
Threads
I am rebuilding my carb this week (just because I like to tinker) and am curious...there are two different jet sizes and I am trying to tell if these are good for high altitude. The 40 seems to run great here in Colorado, but is originally from Arizona. Can anyone tell from these pics what orifice size they are? Also, is it normal to have 2 different jet sizes? I don't remember two sizes from my 2006 Aisin rebuild on the FJ60...

One has a "4" and a "144" on it and the other has a "2" and a "30" on it from what I can tell.
jet 1.JPG
jet 2.JPG

the spare high altitude jets should be in screwed into the fuel bowl plugs.

Hmmm. I may be running richer than I thought. Anyone who has a set of high altitude ones, please let me know.

Thanks, Jim.

the spare high altitude jets should be in screwed into the fuel bowl plugs.

I'm glad JimC is here to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you only change the primary jet for high altitude and leave the secondary alone. If you know what size you need I'll look through my stash and send you one.

If my 2F were running well I would leave it alone :D

I'm glad JimC is here to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you only change the primary jet for high altitude and leave the secondary alone. If you know what size you need I'll look through my stash and send you one.

Thanks, Degnol. I think I need the 1.14mm and 1.80mm primary and secondary?

If my 2F were running well I would leave it alone :D

It does run well at my house (6,400' elevation), but I don't think it will be able to handle the mountains where we camp at 11,000' or more. I don't want to learn this the hard way!

Thanks, Degnol. I think I need the 1.14mm and 1.80mm primary and secondary?

I'll look in my junk tonight.

It does run well at my house (6,400' elevation), but I don't think it will be able to handle the mountains where we camp at 11,000' or more. I don't want to learn this the hard way!

I think you are right at the altitude that Toyota recommends changing to the HA jet. you should get the HA jet and if you operate much above that altitude, just change them out when you go a huntin'......not difficult to do with a split-blade screwdriver.

In my stock 78 there is a big bolt right in front of each jet....take it out and the jet is in the back of the gas bowl.

I think you are right at the altitude that Toyota recommends changing to the HA jet. you should get the HA jet and if you operate much above that altitude, just change them out when you go a huntin'......not difficult to do with a split-blade screwdriver.

Great idea...now I just need to get my hands on a pair of these jets...

Well, I know I have some spares, and I also have a 1.44mm drill bit:D
Like I said, I think you only change the primary, not the secondary.

Can't C.Dan still get these jets?

Well, I know I have some spares, and I also have a 1.44mm drill bit:D
Like I said, I think you only change the primary, not the secondary.

Can anyone confirm this? That would be great if I only need to replace the primary...

Can't C.Dan still get these jets?

I'll PM him and see. Toyota here in town tells me that they are no longer available.

Can anyone confirm this? That would be great if I only need to replace the primary...

Pretty sure I got that out of the FSM.

carb

Your rebuild kit should come with new jets(all sizes,mine did).Call Kurt at cruiser outfitters,he may have some.

Your rebuild kit should come with new jets(all sizes,mine did).Call Kurt at cruiser outfitters,he may have some.

Be very careful about this. The Keyster kits cover more than one specification of carb. They may have some jets in them, but they are often the wrong jets for USA, intended for a ROW carb of that vintage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom