Uh-oh, Fast Eddy bought another one (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mudders, meet Marvin. Feb '76. The PO drove it to HS in Reno 10 years ago. Her dad bought it from the original owner. She named him, not me.

It's got an '86 2f, and Saginaw PS :steer: otherwise stock.

I'm thinking low spring-over, extended wheel base with longer springs, shackle reversal, re-located original rear wheel wells, raised rockers, sliders and tube fender combo, h55f, orion, OEM-style soft top and e-lockers.

The top and Amby doors are going to be for sale and eventually the wagon wheels and new tires.

Am I boring for buying another one almost the same as my first one? Maybe. :meh: I always get the same dish at all my favorite restaurants too.
marvin1.jpg
marvin2.jpg
marvin4.jpg

Last edited:
  • '86 2f with a shiny carb.
  • I had the PO take a shot down into the cowl vent to be sure it wasn't all rusted out.

Both sets of mirrors are included, doors and window mounted.

I was not previously aware that cowl vents went past '74.
IMG_8339web.jpg
IMG_8325web.jpg
IMG_8345web.jpg

Last edited:
Not all good though

1. rust
2. more ugly rust; nice OEM rubber mats though; headed for my '78
3. some scale underneath, not too bad

I know you east-coasters don't really consider this rusty. :flipoff2:
IMG_7411.jpg
IMG_7412.jpg
IMG_8335web.jpg

Last edited:
Consistancy is good:).(think of all the money you will save on only having to buy one color of touch-up paint:hillbilly:.) Nice find, and I look forward to your build.:cheers:Brendon

What is it with you and those E-lockers? Have you started a re-pop line of oil pans to subsidize your fix?

:flipoff2:

I'm sure you got a solid rig their Ed. Just won't be the same seeing another SOA on the trail as seeing your SU 78 spank the trail at the 45 run!:cool:

I'm thinking low spring-over, extended wheel base with longer springs, shackle reversal, re-located original rear wheel wells, raised rockers, sliders and tube fender combo, h55f, orion, OEM-style soft top and e-lockers.

Congrat on the new toy!!!!!

I like the plan, hope everything will be done in time for next Rubithon :bounce::bounce2::bounce:

What is it with you and those E-lockers?

They're Toyotaey.

I'm taking the e-locker out of the '78 to solve that problem once and for all, returning it more towards stock and giving it to Marvin. I'm taking the lock-right out of it too.

65swb45 said:
I'm sure you got a solid rig their Ed. Just won't be the same seeing another SOA on the trail as seeing your SU 78 spank the trail at the 45 run!:cool:

Rubithon or bust. Tired of missing out on that one.

The rear is going to be a narrowed fzj80 full-floater with Toy discs and e-brakes. I picked it up a couple weeks ago. It's in SLO waiting for a mudship. The front will be fj60 width with wider tube fenders to fit 36s or so.

I see a few things on your specials page I need. I'll call in a couple weeks.

We bought it for the kids to drive :steer: to school. ;)

I'm going to move some of the good original-paint 653 parts over to my '78...
What, don't like your kids? Giving them the leftover "junk?" Might be a jeep or two for sale on CL for "the kids to drive." :D

Looks like fun my friend!

is that a Toyota graphic/pinstripe?.. I've seen the same graphic on a 40 in Georgia.

I think it was a dealer option. It seems to me the hood strips would be lonely without the doors and top.

Last edited:
Am I boring for buying another one almost the same as my first one?

There is nothing boring about buying a Cruiser! Congrats, look forward to seeing the end result.

Wow, Deja Vu, that is the exact same truck I bought for parts in 1987! Mine was a Oct. '75 model, same color, same stripes, same rust.

get that bitch ready for panoche...

nice find.

:beer:

WHAT?????? Skillet is posting in tech??????????
ALERT THE MEDIA!!!!!!!!!!!

Sup?

45 run?

WHAT?????? Skillet is posting in tech??????????
ALERT THE MEDIA!!!!!!!!!!!

Sup?

45 run?

hey, I used to post here a lot... until I found out the largest tire size that I could fit on stock suspension... now it is all about chat...:flipoff2:

45 run, yes... will you be strumming there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom