Need help on FJ40 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, 40 series guys. Im an 80 owner and my brother is really wanting to buy a FJ40, and he is asking me what do I think about this one he found on Ebay. My main concerns are is it worth the price? How do you guys think it drives on the highway? The add doesnt say what gears it has, what is Aus 4 speed? Any help would be great, maybe it is a Mud members rig?

Toyota : Land Cruiser : eBay Motors (item 220541682261 end time Jan-23-10 15:16:02 PST)

Thanks
Matt

" -Disk brakes on front axle using Willwood calipers and vented rotors "

Garbage.

Transfer case shift boot is not even bolted down...

20+K$

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Run, don't walk away from that POS.

20k+ and reserve not met

I'd pass. Unless you got piles of money laying around you want to burn.

For that kind of money I'd want perfection and some details have been overlooked.

The welds I can see on the cage look rough.:eek:

At least they should have cleaned up the engine bay.... looks like crap.......

Doubt the speed-o works being the cable is hogtied over to the side......

Is it Me, or is the alternator belt missing?.........:hmm:
!BidgHjQ!mk~$(KGrHqQH-E!EsLcRW3W)BLPDgc4w6!~~_3.jpg

Whatever you do, make sure you do not buy this vehicle (or any other) vehicle from COLT HOTTINGER aka VULTURE MINE CRUISERS out of WICKENBURG, AZ also under the eBay name coyotepopper. Just do a search of this Forum and see what this bottom feeder has been up to lately. BEWARE

For $20K+, you can find much better and more original Cruisers, IMHO.

This rig/price just lets me know that my rig really is worth the $25,000 I'm going to ask for it!!!

Even if you have piles and piles of money you could get a much much nicer one for a lot lot less and send me the difference. For that price it should look like museum quality. Should be perfect and perfectly clean inside and out and under the hood. Check the completed listings on ebay and see how many sell for that price and what they look like. Does not matter how much they spend on the buildup, does not mean they can sell if and get their money back.

What worries me is the clutch fluid looks like it needs to be changed...

For that price it should look like museum quality. .

Even in the economy today, you are not going to get a museum piece for 25 grand.... :lol:

I was thinking look like, no dirt under the hood, shift boot bolted down etc. Just those finishing touches that this seems to be missing for 20+K. I have seen them come across ebay for under 25K that look 100% perfect. Especially the guy who lists them pictured in front of that mansion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom