1/2 door project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sitting around the other day wondering what to do for my next project.
While sitting there drinking on a coffee and looking at my fleet of cruisers the set of doors I picked up a couple of weeks ago from a local cruiser head the light bulb came on :idea:(1/2 doors).
Since the weather is starting to warm up and my 44 wants to shed its soft top what would be perfect but some 1/2 doors to go along with the open air look.:steer:
100_0714.jpg
100_0716.jpg
100_0747.jpg

I was able to keep the contours in the top of the doors by using the upper window pieces,and also used the interior door hardware.
This week end i will grind down the welds and skim coat with some body fill and a coat of paint.
100_0750.jpg
100_0752.jpg
100_0751.jpg

That looks good ,only thing up here in canada half doors means the top half ,bottom half usually gone.Would love to pick up some solide doors.

These doors have rot on the inside bottoms but a little sheet metal on the inside and it will work the other door will be a little more challenge the rust is more extensive.
I would not do this on perfect solid doors they are hard to come by I can live with not so perfect half doors since they are only usuable in the summer.

I have installed the first door.....now onto the second one.
I am keeping it in flat or a semi gloss black so they can be used on my yellow 41,red 42,and the white 44.
The fit is good and the door openers work both the inside and the outside,still have to make a interior panel for the door.
100_0767.jpg
100_0765.jpg

Last edited:
Clean job I like the way they look. Great Job!

Maybe go find some spare doors myself. :hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom