Builds my 1970 build thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my 1970 build thread bad ass

here are some pictures hope you enjoy. this is what it looked liked when i brought it.
LC1.jpg
LC2.jpg

Last edited:
frame pictures

this is what the frame looked liked after the powderkoting was done. i also receased the rear and front lights in the bumpers and powderkoted them also.
frame 1.jpg
frame 8.jpg
frame 4.jpg

mow the drive train

here are some pictures of the drivetrain. motor 350 chevy:doh: th350 built trans. stock transfer case. will change to orion after i tear it in two. yes that is carburated. i had it lying around so i had to use it. oh well kept it simple i always say:cheers:
landcruiser 8 005[1].jpg
landcruiser 8 007[1].jpg
landcruiser 8 008[1].jpg

now axles

front axle 4:11 gears new ring&pinion, disc brakes, arb locker, black powderkote. new bearings. rear axle 4:11 gears new ring&pinion, disc brakes, arb locker, poly performance axles, new bearings, black powderkote. extended breathers, yes i know the calipers are on upside down i have turn then upright.
landcruiser 8 025.jpg
landcruiser 8 006[1].jpg
landcruiser 8 009[1].jpg

more drivetrain

here are some more pictures of the drivetrain. i put an aa twin stick shifter in. also transfer case saver. everything is steel braided lines. russell fittings, alumiun rad. trans cooler.
landcruiser 8 022[1].jpg
landcruiser 8 014[1].jpg
landcruiser 8 018[1].jpg

i know i have to lower the sticks for shifting or else they might end up somewhere i dont like

body and paint

here are some pictures of the body and paint after i shoot it blue. the paint is from a toyota tacome blue. its speedway blue met. i lined the inside and the underneath. also i welded up the dash and put my own holes in for switches. auto meter guages. this body is not the black one it is another one i had

Last edited:
If that pivot stud is still on the front drive actuator located on the nose cone of the transfer case, I would like to purchase that from you.

attachment.php

cool blue

now after paint. i painted it speedway blue met from toyota. also lined inside and underneath.
100_0448.jpg
100_0450.jpg
100_0452.jpg

Last edited:
a few more pictures. i thought i would take it out for a drive. it needed some air
DSCF1061.jpg
DSCF1062.jpg
DSCF1064.jpg

Last edited:
here are some of the rear with plate. yes it does look like too much but i wanted the tailgate with storage. i will fix it by putting a swing gate on it with the spare tire and gas cans that should hide some so it wont like like alot
DSCF1102.jpg

DSCF1103.jpg

DSCF1104.JPG

roll cage

well i heard you guys talk about full cages. but if it does not go front to rear its not full. i built this one using the black body. i did change the tire so i cut it out. like i said i am going to put it on the back. this goes from the front bumper to the rear. here are pictures of the seats and cage.
landcruiser_006.jpg
landcruiser_011.jpg
landcruiser_013.jpg

roll cage

here are some from the firewall forward. plus i am going to cut the top bar out and put two in and add an overhead console in
landcruiser_007.jpg
landcruiser_009.jpg
landcruiser_013.jpg

Really nice work. The attention to detail is fantastic. Love the engine work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom