rear ambulance door hinges? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
does anyone know were i can get new rear ambulance door hinges that are stainless steal? i have seen fron door hinges stainless and hood hinges but no ambulance door hinges stainless.

I do not thnk anyone carries rear SS door hinges. You can rebuild them assuming they just need new bushings. Here is a photo of mine. I groud the head of the pin down but not off. I then drilled the pin shaft so I could drive the pin out. I had the parts sandblasted and powdercoated. The rear hinges use the same nylon bushings as the front hinges and you can get them from SOR, Man-A-Fre, etc. I bought SS socket head bolts and nylock nuts from McMaster-Carr. The bolts did not neet to be altered in length. I also posted a picture of the fron hinge for comparison.
Hinge 07.jpg
Hinge 04.jpg

If the bushings have the same I.D.-O.D.'s, wouldn't it be safe to assume that the stainless steel pins used in the front door hinge would work (with minor trimming) in the ambi door hinges

If the bushings have the same I.D.-O.D.'s, wouldn't it be safe to assume that the stainless steel pins used in the front door hinge would work (with minor trimming) in the ambi door hinges

I do not think it would work, but I could be wrong. The part of the SS pin that locks the pin in the front hinge would lock the outer hinge half and the bushing. I do not know if there is enough material on the outer portion of the rear hinge to keep the pin locked in place, thus I used a bolt, 2 flat washers and a nylock nut - all SS. I will order some pins and see how well they work.
Hinge Pin.jpg

The part of the SS pin that locks the pin in the front hinge would lock the outer hinge half and the bushing. I do not know if there is enough material on the outer portion of the rear hinge to keep the pin locked in place

AHHHHHHHHHH:idea:

the hinges are ok but i wanted to put stainless hinges on so i never have to worry about rust. but if they don't make them then ill just clean them up. they don't really have rust on them and the work ok i just wanted stainless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom