Vacuum Schematic....for TBI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJBen

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm doing a TBI swap this weekend and wondering about the vacuum schematic. Anyone have any idea where I can look for one? I'm putting on TBI from a 90 Caprice cop car.

I know a few of the spots to connect to: The MAP sensor hooks up to the one on the back, PCV goes on the big one.

I need brake booster, Vacuum 4wd and EGR.

I see left/right manifold vacuum, and ported vacuum...what do I hook up and where?
1534SB_TB_back.jpg
1534SB_TB_front.jpg

My Brake Booster comes off of the Manifold, are you using a TBI mainifold or an adaptor plate?

Map sensor off the rear one,

the rest of mine are Plugged up, "ported Vacuum" used to go to EGR, but i dont have that hooked up anymore!

My Brake Booster comes off of the Manifold, are you using a TBI mainifold or an adaptor plate?

Map sensor off the rear one,

the rest of mine are Plugged up, "ported Vacuum" used to go to EGR, but i dont have that hooked up anymore!

Great info thanks! I'm using the TBI manifold. I'm using the EGR, so thats good to know thats where it goes. So I can use the right or left to power my 4WD I assume. Power brakes, I suppose I can use one of the "plugged" ports up top for my brakes.

I'll look at mine tonight and get back to you tonight or tomorrow.

I took a pic of mine then forgot to bring the camera to work, so a description is all you get. Should work though.

For my '93, looking at the front in your picture:

"Left Manifold Vacuum" goes to a T. One branch runs to the EGR control valve, the other branch runs to the air control valve for the smog pump.

"PCV hose connection" - yup

"Right Manifold Vacuum" used to run into the cab to a vacuum gauge, but I plugged it when I was searching for vacuum leaks.

"Ported Vacuum" runs to the fuel evaporation canister.

For brake booster, I have a forward facing port on the intake manifold, just below the throttle body on the right side when looking into the engine bay. Any large diameter vacuum port should work.

HTH. :)

I took a pic of mine then forgot to bring the camera to work, so a description is all you get. Should work though.

For my '93, looking at the front in your picture:

"Left Manifold Vacuum" goes to a T. One branch runs to the EGR control valve, the other branch runs to the air control valve for the smog pump.

"PCV hose connection" - yup

"Right Manifold Vacuum" used to run into the cab to a vacuum gauge, but I plugged it when I was searching for vacuum leaks.

"Ported Vacuum" runs to the fuel evaporation canister.

For brake booster, I have a forward facing port on the intake manifold, just below the throttle body on the right side when looking into the engine bay. Any large diameter vacuum port should work.

HTH. :)

Awesome...thanks! I'm not running the smog, so thats one less. Maybe I should get a vacuum gauge...then at least I'll have something exciting to look at rather than the RPM gauge. :D

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom