Why removing LX570 running boards is not possible? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all!!

I have read multiple times that the running boards of the LX570 are non removable. But also, have seen how JTGrey won Baja 1000 with a LX570. So why is that the running boards are non removable?

Cheers!!!!

correct. Fit LC rocker panels and mud flaps. Under all the Lexus bling its the exact same rig.

Off the top of my head... they are removable, and the rocker covers from a Land Cruiser will be required to cover the space.

correct. Fit LC rocker panels and mud flaps. Under all the Lexus bling its the exact same rig.

Thank you very much guys !!! Gotta have to excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by rocker panels? :whoops:

Thanks !

It's the section of the body below the doors. Normally, they are steel, and completely part of the body structure. In the case of the 200 series, there is a rocker panel, but it is hidden under a plastic cover that appears to be the rocker panel.

This picture shows it, sans plastic cover.

landcruiserstructure2.jpg

It's the section of the body below the doors. Normally, they are steel, and completely part of the body structure. In the case of the 200 series, there is a rocker panel, but it is hidden under a plastic cover that appears to be the rocker panel.

This picture shows it, sans plastic cover.

landcruiserstructure2.jpg

So, anyone getting rid of the running boards on a LC200 do not have to do or add anything else, but in a LX570 the LC rocker panels and mud flaps must be added?

Cheers,

Yes. Retail is over $350 each cover, 75860-60040-XX and 75850-60040-XX should be the part numbers, but that should be double checked. The XX suffix needs to be filled in with the proper 2 digit letter number code for the correct color.

Yes. Retail is over $350 each cover, 75860-60040-XX and 75850-60040-XX should be the part numbers, but that should be double checked. The XX suffix needs to be filled in with the proper 2 digit letter number code for the correct color.

Thanks a lot !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom