ARB rear bumper install - PDX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I rear ended myself into a new ARB bumper. I wasn't going to start my upgrades with the rear bumper first, but hey my old bumper had to be replaced anyways. The guys at Columbia Rovers in downtown Portland, OR did a great job for me. Ask for CJ. Cheers.
ARB 1.jpg
ARB 2.jpg
ARB 6.jpg

Looks good, but I see one major mistake that will cost you in the long run. Did the shop even read the directions? You MUST have a 15mm gap between the bumper and rear quarter panel.

Take a look at my thread and all the pics I took. I did the install at night so some parts are hard to see.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/200-series-cruisers/295625-arb-rear-bumper-installed.html

Do you see the massive gap between the top of the ARB bumper and the quarter panels? That MUST be there. In fact, even with that gap i've STILL managed to slam the bumper up against the plastic and knock it off. I have a dent in the plastic now from the bumper. What I need to do is cut it even MORE and use that hood molding stuff with the rubber loop to take care of the gap.

Remember this is a body on frame vehicle. What that means is that the body moves independently of the frame. Just articulate the vehicle a bit and you will snap those quarter panels right off -- most likely breaking them and requiring replacement.

Not to be a jack ass -- but the manual clearly states this with strong emphasis.

Also, did they have to cut away the spare tire cage to get the bumper in place? Take a look at my thread and you will see what I'm referring to. Just curious...

Otherwise, looks good :) I like the color matching ;)

Attached are the instructions. Please see page 8.

Attachments

• ARB Rear Bumber Instructions LC200.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 829
Thanks for the input on the 15mm minimum spacing between the bumper and the quarter panes. I'm the one that made the request for such a small clearance... which in hindsight probably wasn't the best idea. Totally didn't get the whole body on frame thing until now...

Btw, the name is JD @ Columbia Rovers, woops!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom