2010 Lexus GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
2010%20Lexus%20GX%20460%20008.jpg

2010%20Lexus%20GX%20460%20078.jpg

2010%20Lexus%20GX%20460%20091.jpg

2010%20Lexus%20GX%20460%20030.jpg

Picasa Web Albums - bcstewart - 2010 Lexus GX460

I think the new GX will be one of most capable of the 4wd Toyotas available in the states if it has all the goodies from the trail grade 4runner plus fulltime. The big question now is, will it come with crawl control, mts, kdss and locking rear diff.

Toyota did a great job with the 2010 4Runner, the GX, not so much....the front is hideous

Toyota Europe designed the Prado/GX470
Toyota Japan designed the Prado/ GX460

Thus all the clean lines, attention to proportion and restraint are gone.
However, exciting engineering and gorgeous interior are nice. The exterior still looks ok, attractive.
I like the large bodyside shaping to give it a shorter wheelbase, sporty feel.

Hope the 200 LC and LX570 get the stitched leather dash treatment too

What's up with these huge one-piece front and rear "panels" that replace an ordinary bumper. They're against form AND function. Big thumbs down on that one.

What's up with these huge one-piece front and rear "panels" that replace an ordinary bumper. They're against form AND function. Big thumbs down on that one.

minimizing pieces for assembly.
Faster, cheaper assembly.
Easy to do major restyles at the front and rear without any re-tooling except one plastic piece one either end.

GX | Overview

Lincoln Interior - Standard
KDSS - Standard
Crawl control - Optional
MTS - Optional

Locking rear diff not mentioned at all

Last edited:
Toyota Europe designed the Prado/GX470
Toyota Japan designed the Prado/ GX460

Thus all the clean lines, attention to proportion and restraint are gone.
However, exciting engineering and gorgeous interior are nice. The exterior still looks ok, attractive.

The 460 looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down IMHO. I am not a huge fan of the looks of the 470, but it's way nicer IMO than this new styling. I also don't like the way Toyota/Lexus likes to hide a lot of the buttons below the steering wheel. I assume it is so soccer moms and business types don't lock the centre diff or turn off traction control while driving around the mall, but I would find it annoying to hunt for the features I wanted to use. I'm happy I'm not in the market for a new SUV, since there aren't many models out there that interest me these days :meh:

minimizing pieces for assembly.
Faster, cheaper assembly.
Easy to do major restyles at the front and rear without any re-tooling except one plastic piece one either end.

I don't understand why the rear bumper has those large projections near the rear bumper/quarter panel (the bumps the reflectors are mounted on). Could they not have smoothed it in with the liftgate somewhat? It looks like the back was designed and then they realized it needed to have an opening so they just carved one out with a cleaver and left a bunch of ragged edges.

I'm glad it's still a frame based vehicle with a solid rear axle though!
:cheers:

It's a URJ150
Built at the Tahara plant in Japan, just like the last Prado/GX

Just had a look at this rig in person at the Lexus dealer and I fell in love. I happen to like the lines and it comes well equipped with a sexy interior. If my 200 wasn't so new and nodded, I'd be all over one of these.

The new GX will likely grow on me, but not the 4R or LX.

I would love to see a spec comparison of the 100/200 and the new GX460, comparing build aspects of all three. Based on the weight and size of the new GX460 I bet it is just as well built and robust as the 100 and 200 series. You never get the specifics.

I would love to see a spec comparison of the 100/200 and the new GX460, comparing build aspects of all three. Based on the weight and size of the new GX460 I bet it is just as well built and robust as the 100 and 200 series. You never get the specifics.

Certainly the same high quality and workmanship. I like the GX's interior more than the LC. The LX's interior is really pimp but the GX's looks just as good.

It is not as "robust", the 200 has some serious hardware under the skin.

Certainly the same high quality and workmanship. I like the GX's interior more than the LC. The LX's interior is really pimp but the GX's looks just as good.

Are you talking larger frame material and thicker/larger parts?

Ditto on both fronts. Although the 4R is a very respectable platform its rolling chassis components appear considerably lighter duty than an LC of comparable vintage.

FWIW: I like the appearance (relative to all the new Toyotas ;))new GX460 or GX10 or whatever they're calling it. And I REALLY like the new 4.6L V8!

you could probably fit a GX rear diff housing inside a 200 rear. Exaggerating of course, but there is a reason the 200 is so expensive.

200 has 8.7" front and 9.5" rear diff. Those would swallow a GX's diffs. It's a big difference.
5.7L of goodness is a big difference too.

Still, I would love the GX. It's no wimp and plenty tough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom