CEL P1445 - Air Injection Pump / System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! I've recently picked up a 2006 LC and have been getting a CEL with: P1445 - Air switching valve #2 bank 2

Have also seen P1440 and 1442 come up, but P1445 seems to be the consistent code (after clearing / driving for a couple days).

There is an issue reported on Tundras/Sequoias having to do with the Air Injection System, so was curious if anyone can confirm if the LC has the same system?

Here's some info on the AIP issue:
http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/blog/2010/04/26/tundra-sequoia-air-injection-induction-pump/

There's also some threads around from 4R/GX470 owners having similar issues. Anyone with a LC seen this?

Thanks!

I don't recall reading about that issue here, doesn't mean it hasn't happened. You might have a look at the forum at lextreme as they are pretty engine specific and you may find something.

Go Buffs!

Last edited:
I don't recall reading about that issue here, doesn't mean it hasen't happend. You might have a look at the forum at lextreme as they are pretty engine specific and you may find something.

Go Buffs!
Thanks - I'll take a look tonight.. that site is blocked from my office network for some reason.

Per Slee's 100 Series Guide, looks like the Air Injection System was introduced in 2006:

2UZ-FE Engine- The VVT-i (Variable Valve Timing-intelligent), ACIS (Acoustic Control Induction System), and AI (Air Injection) system are added to the 2UZ-FE engine to achieve a greater performance level and reduce exhaust emissions.

Bummer... I could be looking at some expensive repairs... just to get some federally mandated emissions system working again. Also sounds like Toyota is covering the failures on Tundra/Sequoia but not 4R/GX/LC/LX!

Emissions warranty is usually 8/80k miles. Hopefully, you are under the 80k.

I'm right at 100,000 miles.. at least the auto broker is now covering the repairs - but it's taken multiple trips into their mechanic to troubleshoot, order parts, install incorrect part, order correct part, etc. So far have they've replaced both of the valves, and the gas cap.

I did see the AIP Bypass - if I have problems again down the road, that will probably be the route I take.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom