I've got my Pink Panties on... again! (Reintro and Build thread) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ChuckB

SILVER Star
Threads
After nearly 6 years of being Cruiserless, it is great to be back.

I'll try to keep this rather short and get straight to the pictures immediately. If you want to read the longer version and you are not a member of Expedition Portal, click the link ExPo Thread.

Short version - I sold the FJ55 about 6 years ago, it just wasn't the right time or place for that type of vehicle. I then went without a Cruiser from that point, mainly due to moving and multiple deployments getting in the way of having any time to do anything Cruiser related. All the while, regretting the fact that I sold my first Hundy.

Fast forward to about 14 weeks ago. The wife and I find out we are having twin girls! I then do the only logical thing a man can do. I have a 19 year old Volvo with 325,000 miles and my wife's Saab which is starting to spend more time in the shop than on the road and I think to myself, self, its time to buy a Cruiser!!

I then went on the hunt. The wife's only criteria is that it be as new and low mileage as possible as it will be her daily driver at the beginning. She has become tired of getting stranded in the Saab. I can work with that and proceeded forward.

And here is the result; in all its chrome, latte sipping, damage multiplying, pink panty wearing glory (flame suit - on).

2004 LX470 with 41,899 miles at the time of purchase.

551747_4176103364794_499800112_n.jpg

537607_4176106124863_529014629_n.jpg

535687_4176102764779_511577914_n.jpg

These pictures, as painful as they are to look at :eek:, will serve to document the progress made as the modifications progress.

Immediate Plan:
1) Remove Mall Cruiser Brush Guard
2) Remove Running Boards - Replace with Step Sliders (brand TBD)
3) Remove and replace or paint chrome wheels

Once those items are addressed, future mods will have to be finely balanced with brining two babies into this world, due Thanksgiving.

The bottom line is that I'm very happy to be officially back in the 'Mud/ExPo community. There really is no better group of people.

Last edited:
Welcome back to the Cruiser world. Nice choice picking a cruiser instead of a mini van that so many people I know do.

Instead of getting new wheels, find somebody who will lend you a set while you take your chrome wheels over to Alpha Powder Coating in El Cajon and get them sand blasted and powder coated for $65 a wheel. That is what I did

Welcome to Alpha Powder Coating

If you want to check out some Metal Tech Sliders, let me know. I am pleased with mine. Once you get your sliders on, we will have to break them in on some local Anza Borrego runs.

Welcome and Congrats on the baby twins!

Nice find! Congrats on the twins too!

Congrats on both accounts and thanks for your service!

Very rad, nothing like a dead sexy LX

I've always LOVED pink panties! :D

You did what I always do when I take a picture of mine... AHC in high mode :)

^ cameras dont work when the AHC is in normal or low. You dont want to steal the soul.

And I was in 4-LO!

Wow 6 years!
Nice LX and congrats on the keiki

The only thing better than getting a new 100..... Is having twins!
Our girls turn 4 in September! It's a blessing that you'll love watching everyday! Congrats on both.

You're probably already planning it, but I recommend pulling off those tail light guards as soon as possible. On mind they allowed water to seep in and started some rust. on the tail gate.

congrats on the purchase! cant wait to see what you have in modding!!

Wow 6 years!
Nice LX and congrats on the keiki

Mahalo!

The only thing better than getting a new 100..... Is having twins!
Our girls turn 4 in September! It's a blessing that you'll love watching everyday! Congrats on both.

That is great to hear, we are very excited.

You're probably already planning it, but I recommend pulling off those tail light guards as soon as possible. On mind they allowed water to seep in and started some rust. on the tail gate.

Good to know, thanks.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome back to the LC world.

you said "panties"

moist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom