New-to-me 2000 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CreeperSleeper

Cascade Cruisers
SILVER Star
Threads
Hello party people! Today is my 30th birthday, so I bought myself a present... a 2000 LX470 from poseidon here on mud!

2012-04-2695114853.jpg

Here is a link to the original FS thread: https://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-trailers-sale-wanted/586638-2000-lexus-lx470-112k-oregon.html

I've known the seller for a while and had no problem taking his word on the condition and buying it pretty much sight unseen. All I can say is I'm stoked! Some of you may know me from the 80-series forum, where over the course of seven years took a 40th AE from stock and beautiful:

P1010017.jpg

To beat and built:

RockyUp-Hill.jpg

I learned that I ended up loosing the main aspects that make the 80-series so cool, so I traded it on a built mini:

3-17wheeling.jpg

(Sorry, best pic I have as of yet...)

Don't worry, guys. The plans for this are pretty mild. I want to keep it a daily driver, family expo / mild wheeler and a tow rig for the mini on the long trips. I promise it will not have the same fate as my old 80-series!

Okay, enough yapping. Here are a couple more pics:

AHC on low:
2012-04-26_12-43-40_963.jpg

AHC on high (this is where I want the normal position to be):
2012-04-26_12-44-35_460.jpg

Hopefully I will be a welcome addition to the 100-series forum and I look forward to getting to know you guys better! :cheers:

Congrats! That's a great looking LX

I too had a quad cab 2005 4 x 4 cummins Laramie in dark gray. Problem was mine was a 48RE auto and at 120,000 miles I had to let it go for $19,000. I looked for a 6 speed for 6 months and finally got talked into buyin the sled in my signature. Not nearly as much power or as fast but these LC's are nice n quiet. You'll have short lived regrets.

Welcome to HundyMud!

Tualatin, huh? Nice. Used to live in Tigard, so . . .

Nice vehicle - I'm sure you'll have no regrets.

Congrats Chad!!

Welcome to the club...the power and smooth ride of the 100 is incredible....glad to have a guy like you "creeping" around here....

Please dont take a sawzall to this one.....for a while:D

Now how about that tech stuff(inside joke)

barrypt5

Congrats! You have good intentions but I am sure you will mod it just a bit more than you expecting too.

I too had a quad cab 2005 4 x 4 cummins Laramie in dark gray. Problem was mine was a 48RE auto and at 120,000 miles I had to let it go for $19,000. I looked for a 6 speed for 6 months and finally got talked into buyin the sled in my signature. Not nearly as much power or as fast but these LC's are nice n quiet. You'll have short lived regrets.

Mine has a 48RE as well. It crapped the bed after I owned it for a month! Now it has the biggest, baddest 48RE I could get for $4800. :doh:

AHC in up position all the time?

Slee - Electrical Switches

Right hand column....done and done

Really dude?!? You are already trying to get me to spend money! LOL

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. So far I love it! There are a few little things that need to get taken care of but nothing you wouldn't expect from a 12 yr old, 112k mi vehicle!

I just was in your skidplate thread and saw that your sig line changed. I had to come over here and congratulate!!! I'll bet you'll use only pink panties for rags on this rig:D. Hey, maybe I can convince the wife we need one of these for trips:hmm:. It's her turn for a new vehicle, and she don't want a pickup. Good luck on selling your truck! :cheers:

Oh, yeah Happy (belated) Birthday!!!!

Congrats on the purchase.

Congrats and happy birthday!

:cheers:

Looks like a beautiful rig! I've been contemplating a similar rig for the :princess:

Good luck towing the mini with the 100 though. I towed mine a couple times with my dad's 100 and it was SKETCHY at best. That was both flat towing and on a trailer. The suspension was just too squirmy to handle the weight IMO. The power was acceptable and braking was "ok", but the handling was scary.

Looks like a beautiful rig! I've been contemplating a similar rig for the :princess:

Good luck towing the mini with the 100 though. I towed mine a couple times with my dad's 100 and it was SKETCHY at best. That was both flat towing and on a trailer. The suspension was just too squirmy to handle the weight IMO. The power was acceptable and braking was "ok", but the handling was scary.
i tow my 4runner all the time with my stock 100. i don't know what your talking about here. if you set the proper tongue weight and adjust the trailer brakes correctly it tows great. sure it's not a diesel pickup but i have never felt "sketchy" towing my rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom