SC for sale on eBay? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If you buy a SC used, is it possible to rebuild the internals? He says it needs new gaskets and hoses but wouldn't the turbines be toast by now?

eBay SC

:popcorn:

According to Magnussen there isn't much to rebuild in those things. They will rebuild for you and test for around $350. You might need new vacuum hoses and such but those are easy to get. Make sure the ecu on this will work in your year of Land Cruiser. I am pretty sure the TRD sc from a Tundra will not work in the Land Cruiser.
If you can get it they're fun to have. Not a ton of power but enough to go uphill with a loaded Land Cruiser on a trip.

Not a ton of power?

I thought these were in the +110/120 hp range. That would put the LC in the 350hp range for a non-VVTi. I'd say that's a bump.

I'd by happy with 300hp on a non-SC motor in the 4.7l

That's assuming we actually have 230hp stock but we don't. Looking at someone else's dyno numbers we have less than 200hp stock at the wheels.
I mean don't get me wrong, there's more power and it helps a lot but I think people expect a lot of power when they hear or see "supercharger" but I think Toyota/TRD want longevity instead of a lot of horsepower. I think we're only running 8psi of boost. I rarely have to floor it, Grapevine or Sonora Pass isn't a problem. It's the slowing in the downhill side of Sonora Pass we need to worry about ... But that's a different thread. Hehe

Paul, give me a SC first and then I'll tell ya if you need one. Eh?

And who doesn't think the LC has about 230hp stock. I've dyno'd my truck.

I would jump on it (still might) but I have a lot of funds floating right now. Plus I just ordered a roof rack and light bar. I have the DT headers sitting in the garage and was going to order a full skid package before installing the headers. Timing is just about a month off on this one.

I'm trying to figure out why nearly every 4.7 SC I see used on Fleabay has a rusty pulley.

And the SC will work on both the Tundra and LC. It's the TRD piggyback ECU that was vehicle specific, but people have gotten around that using the Unichip ECU.

Nice!

Last edited:
According to Magnussen there isn't much to rebuild in those things. They will rebuild for you and test for around $350. You might need new vacuum hoses and such but those are easy to get. Make sure the ecu on this will work in your year of Land Cruiser. I am pretty sure the TRD sc from a Tundra will not work in the Land Cruiser.
If you can get it they're fun to have. Not a ton of power but enough to go uphill with a loaded Land Cruiser on a trip.
[STRIKE]
Who is Magnussen? And how does one get ahold of him?[/STRIKE]

Nevermind, found Magnuson Products, LLC

Last edited:
Nate - I didn't bid. Timing isn't right. I love the irony of looking for nearly 2 years without finding one for sale and then when I'm not in position to buy I just stumble into one.

Oh and congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Add the Doug Thorley headers to the wish list

Last edited:
They usually sell for ~$2k on Ebay, maybe as high as 3. Dunno why that one fetched so much, it's way more than it was new. There was one a month ago that the seller had very meticulously recreated the install kit with all new parts - all new hoses, screws, etc. It didn't sell at $3150.

They usually sell for ~$2k on Ebay, maybe as high as 3. Dunno why that one fetched so much, it's way more than it was new. There was one a month ago that the seller had very meticulously recreated the install kit with all new parts - all new hoses, screws, etc. It didn't sell at $3150.

I talked with that seller about it, it was in much worse condition, and that owner had never installed it, he bought it to use on his lexus and "decided" otherwise, made me think he didn't have a working unit or any of the right pieces, he did later reassemble it using parts matched from a friend's unit, but something didn't settle right for me about that one.

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out why anyone would need to SC a 100?

Even pulling a trailer over the Sierra with mine fully loaded I've never run out of gas pedal.

I guess you could do a part time 4WD conversion and drift with one.

That's assuming we actually have 230hp stock but we don't. Looking at someone else's dyno numbers we have less than 200hp stock at the wheels.

Doesn't everyone and their mother know this? No vehicles "advertised" at the crank HP is identical at the wheels. There is always going to be some kind of parasitic loss through the drive train and wheels.

And the "claimed" HP/TQ increase with the SC is obviously at the crank, and not at the wheels.

Rusty_TLC, for towing and most of your daily needs, re-gearing is a far better option. Having a supercharger on a vehicle like the 100 is more for the fun factor and extra power, IMO.

rusty_tlc said:
I'm trying to figure out why anyone would need to SC a 100?

Even pulling a trailer over the Sierra with mine fully loaded I've never run out of gas pedal.

I guess you could do a part time 4WD conversion and drift with one.

That's an ideal scenario for forced induction... Getting sea level or better performance at altitude. I could have used one grinding over Sonora Pass last fall.

Sent from my iPad 2 using IH8MUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom