Want to upgrade my stereo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When it comes to car stereos I'm completely lost. Can anybody show pics of the inside of their cruiser with a new stereo? I want to see if I can fit a small stereo and my cb in the place of the existing stereo. Anyone done this?

you can go to a single din headunit and place whatever CB you want underneath it. I have wanted to do this for a while but I haven't found a headunit that looks good. I have redone my entire stereo but the headunit. I am running Polk speakers, stock tweeters and a 12" Fosgate under my storage unit. Sounds fabulous.

Ok so I guess what I'm looking for is a headunit caus I've already installed all new speakers all the way around and I have a 12" pioneer that my buddy is gonna help me install once I replace the headunit. I'm not looking for anything crazy just something with an aux input and cd player I guess. My cd and tape player are broken on my current unit so all I have is radio which sucks. I found a JVC for like $80 I'm thinking about getting

May I suggest an aftermarket (double din) in-dash 7" touchscreen monitor that supports DVD playback and navigation? Something like a Kenwood or Pioneer unit. I've done this in my last two cars and loved the DVD/navigation functionality. It doesn't cost that much either, like $500 for the headunit plus installation. There are lots of options out there. You sound like a young guy who's into modding your truck, and that was my mindset when I was in your shoes. Just my $0.02!

May I suggest an aftermarket (double din) in-dash 7" touchscreen monitor that supports DVD playback and navigation? Something like a Kenwood or Pioneer unit. I've done this in my last two cars and loved the DVD/navigation functionality. It doesn't cost that much either, like $500 for the headunit plus installation. There are lots of options out there. You sound like a young guy who's into modding your truck, and that was my mindset when I was in your shoes. Just my $0.02!

That sounds like a good idea I just don't have need for all of that right now. Maybe in the future. But for now it sounds like I just need a single din.

if your CD player is not working. Chances are you won't be able to access the iPod adapter. You have to cycle through the CD function. My CD player went out a few months ago and couldn't access my iPod adapter. Remove the radio and plug it back in. Should reset it. worked for me and might buy you some time.

Replaced everything, speakers are memphis audio. Kicker cvr 10. Pioneer single din headunit and a 1000w amp. It sounds amazing, just how i want it. Ipod works great and this is the route id recommend.

I just installed this head unit in my hundy last week. I am completely stock and used a harness to incorporate the stock amp and I have to say the difference from stock is night and day. I bought from Crutchfield and got the free install harness and dash pocket. I think it looks very nice and the flexibility and performance are great.

Sony DSX-S300BTX Digital media receiver at Crutchfield.com

That price is super cheap for all the features offered.

for the price, you must be giving up something... i would guess lower spec amp (sub par sound) and buggy software (pure frustration), but who knows? i would go with a proven reliable source, spend the extra $300, and get it done once the right way, kenwood, pioneer etc

my experience is that you will have a nit to pick even then, but at least it wont be a chinese POS :cheers:

I just want to find one that looks OEM. Like the ones in the new Civics or GTI's.

vw_10gti_nav.jpg

Old Thread Resurrection:

Has anyone tried a stereo like this: HD Touch screen DVD GPS Navigation Player with PIP RDS iPod V-CDC for Land Cruiser

I've seen ones like this pop up on a few different sites. They look like a good OEM style.

Buyer beware. I started a thread about those. I bought a 7 folding screen that kept hitting the dash so I bought one of these. DOA. For a hundred buck more, I bought a kenwood, but I use my phone for GPS. I now have $400 of cheap chinese junk at the house.
DOA. It was stuck on the this screen and they wanted me to mail it back to China.:censor:
2011-08-15_12-42-15_266.jpg

Here is the first one that wouldn't fit properly. I trimmed too much of the back of the bezel at the top and now I have a noises from that area on rough roads.
2011-08-01_12-54-14_780.jpg

I bought the kenwood from amazon for $130 cheaper than the listed price in crutchfield
2011-10-14_11-47-35_954.jpg

This as close to looking OEM as I could get....IMO
DSC00404.jpg

What did you do to get it like that?

Wilsil said:
What did you do to get it like that?

Empty his bank account :flipoff2:
In all seriousness, pman has one of the cleanest sounding systems I've ever heard. Makes me want to switch over to the speakers he has. But considering I've gone through 3 sets of speakers trying to find the right ones I'll hold of.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom