Newbie joins the SES club (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well after almost two weeks of teriffic ownership the dreaded ses, vsc off and vsc lights came on. I have noticed while driving the throttle seemed to not be as responsive when trying to accelerate and almost felt like it was "decelerating" when pressing the gas pedal. My vsc lights came on for a brief period earlier in the week but never came back after I turned the truck off. I was on the hwy when it happened going 75mph and the lights came on and the truck immediately started slowing down rapidly. Pretty disconcerning especially with my two boys in the car with me. I pulled over and turned the truck off for a minute then restarted about a mile later the same thing, no response from the accelerator and rapid decelration. I'm guessing it's either the TPS or APPS or hopefully just cleaning out the throttle body good. One of my techs has a universal Snap-on scanner so I'll pull the codes tomorrow. Any words of advice? My wife is going to freak out because she was so worried it had 139k miles on it and was concerned it wasn't going to be reliable. By the way its a stock 01 LX-470. :cheers:

Pulled the code this morning. Suprise, suprise P01121. Got a APPS sensor ordered.

Your thread added to the APPS FAQ

Any words of advice? My wife is going to freak out because she was so worried it had 139k miles on it and was concerned it wasn't going to be reliable.

Pay cash for the part and talk about something else over the dinner table ?

or

Tell her it's practically the only flaw in the 100 and it's now replaced with a brand new factory part.

If he tells her that its practically the only flaw, his transmission will fail in a week. Two days after getting it back the exhaust manifold will crack. Then fate will punish the poor guy by letting the sunroof drains leak on his wife from the headliner.:eek::eek::eek: I would pay cash and try not to let her find out.:p

Good luck. I know how you feel, I bought my 2000 and it had a dimes sized bubble of rust on the PS fender and a line of rust at the rear hatch pinch weld. When I took it to the touch up shop they said it had to go to a real body shop. Body shop wnted to replace the fender at $1300 and replace the rear hatch at $2000. Not what I had in mind at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom