Transmission oil pan. gasket issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
rinho.org
Hi,
I'm going to change the transmission filter (As soon as my Toyota dealer will receive it from CA )
Of course, I want to change the gasket.
But Toyota (I visited two dealers) says "no gasket, have to use silicone".
Primo, I hate these crappy things
Segundo, IMO that's not a professional job
Tertio, I saw the mechanic change this gasket when I bought the truck (in CA)
Quattro, I checked twice on (under) the cruiser... it's there !

three hypotheses:
a) Toyota Canada can't have it but Toyota USA can have it
I can't believe it... EPC is EPC and I gave my VIN to the second dealer and he let me check by myself on the screen

b) the 2 guys have used a wrong view (hard to believe, but after all, they don't know anything in '90 and up LC)

c) Like for the cabin filter, it's present on LX and not on LC
(and the guy in Fremont CA would have bought it from Lexus

I don't really trust any of these, but don't find better.

... I want this gasket ! :mad:

There is no transmission filter; only a strainer that doesn't need to be replaced. jp

My 5 speed came with a FIPG (formed in place gasket) ie. silicone, and now you can buy gaskets for it. I am not sure about the 4 speed, but I am sure someone would make them, maybe do a search for fluid exchange and see if others have posted up the part number. Give cruiserdan a ring, he may be able to put you on the right track.

There is no transmission filter; only a strainer that doesn't need to be replaced. jp
Thanks for the word I didn't know ... even in french, it's not named filter.
Anyway, I want to do anything I can for having my transmission during the longer it can. I know this part is not is the maintenance program, but I want to change it. ( but if it's a metallic stainer, I could clean it)

... Give cruiserdan a ring, he may be able to put you on the right track.
Thanks, I send him a PM

So... Lexus has the same answer as Toyota.
I have find something in the EPC (thanks to toyodiy.com)... a gasket kit for both engine and transmission ... something like 750$ !!!

The 4 speed has no gasket, but the silicone sealant tube has a Toyota part #.

Yes... but there's one on my LC !
So, somebody's make it

I expect it is an aftermarket one, try the usual auto supply places.
EDIT: This tranny is used in the Prado worldwide as well, so you would expect one is available from some aftermarket supplier.

Last edited:
From another post by NMuzj100 from the fsm

when installing apply the FIPG (Toyota part # 08826-00090 or Three Bond 1281) 2-3 mm wide and connect parts within 10 minutes or start over

I expect it is an aftermarket one, try the usual auto supply places.
That's my conclusion...
[/quote]EDIT: This tranny is used in the Prado worldwide as well, so you would expect one is available from some aftermarket supplier.[/quote]
Excellent idea... better chance than for 100/470's gasket

Once again me...
I found this website:
RockAuto Parts Catalog
Lot of vehicle, lot of parts, many brands.... I could order my gasket and more (water pump, hoses, cabin filter...)
But, execpt Gates or Bosh, I don't knows these brand.
How would you trust them ?
(Acdelco, Beck/Arnley, Fram, Fel-Pro)

Thanks for your Help

If you don't want to use silicone out of a tube and want a gasket, just order it from them, it's only $10, I don't know Fel-Pro, but they are parts suppliers to the industry, don't waste another minute on the phone or this forum, just buy it and report back to the forum what you thought of it.

Yes...for a gasket, that's enough, and everyone is bored, me first .
I wouldn't ask more question about it, but I want to order critical parts (serpentine belt + tensioner, water pump...)

I feel like a stupid "debutant" , but There are questions you need to asked when you are not living in your own country.

Once again me...
Except Gates or Bosh, I don't knows these brand.
How would you trust them ?
(Acdelco, Beck/Arnley, Fram, Fel-Pro)
Thanks for your Help

ACDelco is good, others may chime in, I am not a fan of FRAM, not sure about others.

I thought "debutants" need to be good looking with a 36" bust!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom