Pre winter maintenance, shop list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
rinho.org
I don't want to mechanic my truck laying in the snow, so I try to do everything I can before winter.
At the same time, I would like to be up to date and don't have to open my tools box for as long as possible (I have a lot of work to do in the home)
The only record I have for the LC is the t-belt changed at 98K
Engine oil at 106K(when baught in Frisco), 112K( Canadian Tires, when arrived in Gatineau) and 116K(M1 5w30,myself, before last winter)
The transmission was also filled at 106K after we loose the screw !
(sorry for the oil stains on twins peaks downhill road)
The odo is now at 122k.

My plan is "flush everythings"
Except the brake fluid.

So, I'm going to buy/do:
-M1 0w40, 5 Qts
-Trd oil filter
-Toyota air filter
-Air cabine filter
- rear break pads (maybe the front pads, but I'm sure they can be used an other 20K km)
-M1 75w90 synthetic 2+1.5+3.5 Qts for rear, T case and front diff (with seal)
-Amsoil synthétic dexronIII ( how many Qts for the total flush? more than 8Qts ?)
-Transmission oil filter
-Super long life coolant (16.2 Qts)
-install block heater (right bank)
-calorstat (don't know yet where it's located on 2UZFE)
-serpentine belt+tensioner.

Do I forget something ?
I always had perform the maintenance on my vehicles, but it's the first time (except engine oil) on the 100 ... all advices are welcome !

Ps: the Ome medium with diff drop kit is also in my plan... how many time do it need?

Brake fluid is also supposed to be changed every 2 years. Very few people do it, but if it's factory original I would add it to the list. Your brake components will last longer.

where are you getting the engine block heater? and how much does the part cost?

Brake fluid is also supposed to be changed every 2 years. Very few people do it, but if it's factory original I would add it to the list. Your brake components will last longer.
Yes, you're right... I don't really want to do it because I don't work in good conditions (no shop, only gravel in the front of the house) but this is a hi security point... I could let toyota do the job (it would be the first time in 15 years)

where are you getting the engine block heater? and how much does the part cost?
Bought it at Napa
ref is 605-3513
don't remember exactly the price, but something around $75
You have to take off a core plug ( I'm a little bit affraid of doing that), the 2nd rear right (element direction at 9 o'clock)
But what mean "2nd rear" ?
2nd from the front to the rear on 2nd from the rear ??
I guess a magnetic block heater from "Princess Auto" would have been more easier to install (I really don't understand why "princess" ... the store is everything but princess).

So, it's pretty hard to find the oil you want in my area... nothing except motomaster or quaker.
After visiting 3 Canadian Tires I found M1 0w40
Don't find yet syntethic 75w90 (I don't trust motomaster)
For the transmission, I found Amsoil (11$/quarts!! how many quarts for a total flush ?) Valvoline "everythings compliant", Castrol "us car" (DexronIII) and Castrol "japanese car" (T-III or IV, don't remember)... what would be the good choice ?
I baught the oil and air filter at Toyota( no TRD available), better than Fram I guess
Rear brake pad, transmission filter and cabine filter @ Napa
No Gasket for the transmission oil pan !!! Hard to believe (I'm pretty sure I saw mechanics change it in Frisco) but The guy let me check by myself on his screen !

Can't found 8 spark plugs in the same brand/model ! what the hell are these stores!

Toyata have the calorstat in stock, but not the gasket... unbelievable

I didn't ordered the serpentine belt and tensioner... the prices (70 for the belt, 115 the tensioner) didn't look to be the same as I read here .... maybe it's time to learn how to contact and place an order to Cdan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom